101 Best Nursing Research Topics 2022
This may be the first question that comes to mind when considering research. Therefore, allow me to address this first. In a nutshell, research is the bedrock of your nursing program. You may have conducted an experiment or established a theory as part of your academic program’s research. This research is summarized in a report. That is why it is critical to choose dissertation topics very carefully.
Considerable Tips While Choosing Nursing Research Paper Topics
I’ve compiled a list of suitable research subjects. But before that, I’d like to suggest that you consider a few factors that will aid you in selecting the best topic for your nursing research.
- Do you enjoy reading articles on the same subject for years? Clearly not. Therefore, avoid the tired and redundant nursing research paper topics. Be productive and select one from the most recent and updated topics.
- Avoid easy research topics. Rather than that, look up the most pertinent and interesting subjects. Choose the one that most closely matches your area of interest and practice.
- Additionally, avoid being overly clever by selecting the most difficult research topics. Apart from writing, you’ll need to conduct extensive research on your topic, so avoid choosing a difficult one. Choose wisely the one that is more relevant to your area of interest.
- Be distinctive. You have your own mind and abilities that must be considered during your research. Academic paper examples are intended to serve as a guide for you. Avoid copying the same research paper but using different wording. Readers will never prefer to read previously published research that has been rephrased.
- Occasionally, it is preferable to avoid lengthy research paper topics. This would, of course, highlight your courage, but the research class may not be the best venue for demonstrating it. The only way to proceed with the broader subject is for your professor to approve and value your proposed research topics.
- Do not hesitate to seek professional assistance if necessary. You may seek help from any senior or instructor. Additionally, you can seek professional assistance.
List Of Research Topics for Nursing Students
Research Topics in Mental Health Nursing
As you are probably aware, mental health issues are becoming more prevalent with each passing day. Therefore, why not focus your paper on mental health? However, keep in mind that these are sensitive subjects requiring current information. That is why selecting from a variety of psychiatric topics can be difficult. You’ll need to conduct extensive research on current statistics and figures.
- What is the efficacy of aromatherapy in treating depression and stress?
- Video games’ effect on mental health.
- Age-related changes in the human psyche.
- What causes police officers to be stressed?
- Ethical guidelines for nurses who work with depression patients.
- What is the reason for the rising prevalence of anxiety disorders?
- Is alcoholism a symptom of severe stress or depression?
- Treatments in the early stages for a dementia patient.
- Self-harm and suicidal patients require immediate intervention.
- What role does a nurse play in the treatment of psychological disorders?
- Borderline Personality Disorder Symptoms
- Emotional difficulties encountered in mental health nursing
Neonatal Nursing Research Topics
- Inhibiting Interactions of Nurses with Young Mothers
- Palliative Care for Neonatal Patients
- Technologies in Neonatal Intensive Care
- Neonatal Care Barriers: What a New Practitioner Should Know
- Exposure to Risk During Neonatal Nursing
- Pain Management in Neonatal Intensive Care Units
- Nursing Intervention to Promote Motherhood
- Adapting the Neonatal Unit to Reduce Noise
- Management of Parents Visiting in Neonatal Units: A Nurse’s Perspective
- Neonatal Hypothermia: Nursing Intervention Mapping
Paediatric Nursing Research Topics
Consider my advice carefully. Additionally, choose a pediatrics topic only if you are extremely passionate about your research. Occasionally, you choose the most specific pediatric topics, but they prove to be extremely difficult. Do not choose topics without first completing your assigned work. After conducting due diligence on all relevant ideas, gradually narrow it down to one. Finally, you’re prepared to get your hands dirty.
- Vaccinations for children.
- How can pediatric nutrition deficiency be prevented?
- The leading cause of death in children.
- What changes or additions are necessary to the pediatric ward?
- Assisting young mothers in the care of their infants.
- Is pediatric nursing more difficult to perform than adult nursing?
- Adherence to a care regimen when treating pediatric diseases.
- Prognosis of survival in pediatric cancer patients.
- Intestinal parasite prevention and risk factors in children.
- How do you treat a child’s common cold?
- The infant mortality rate in your country or city.
- Premature infant care practices.
- How do you treat childhood obesity?
- What psychological characteristics must a pediatric nurse possess?
Psychiatric Nursing Research Topics
- Nurses’ Psychiatric Care Plans
- Applied Psychiatric Theory: What Doesn’t Work for Nurses
- Contemporary Practices in Psychiatric Nursing
- Cultural Competence in Psychiatric Practice
- Occupational Therapy as a Form of Medical Assistance in Psychiatry
- Working with Children and Adolescents: Psychiatric Unit
- Nurses’ Stigma in Psychiatric Practice 8. Psychiatric Nurse Qualities
- Psychiatric Nursing Skills Required to Maintain the Unit’s Safety
- Fostering Social Dialogue from the Perspective of a Psychiatric Nurse
Critical Care Nursing Research Topics
Elderly patients require a great deal of care. That means you have many titles in the nursing domain devoted to elderly care research. Additionally, you can choose from emergency topics involving elders and nursing ethics paper topics.
The following are a few nursing thesis topics for elderly care.
- How should elderly patients with joint disorders be cared for?
- Early signs of sensory (vision, hearing) loss associated with aging.
- Techniques for caring for terminally ill patients.
- Syndromes of Restless Legs.
- How can elderly people avoid strokes?
- Techniques for lowering cardiovascular risks.
- What causes elderly people’s malnutrition.
- Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease that manifest early.
- The risk of developing atrial fibrillation in the elderly.
- How can bladder cancer be prevented?
Obstetrics Nursing Research Topics
Obstetrics covers topics such as labour and delivery that are constantly in demand. Childbirth critical care dissertation topics are always a hot topic of discussion. Additionally, your family’s personal experience with childbirth can aid in the collection of a wealth of informative data. Make an informed choice from the suggested topics listed below and work on it.
- New mother awareness sessions.
- Preterm labour risk factors.
- What precautions should be taken in the event of an unplanned cesarean section?
- Pregnancy hypertension and other mental health problems.
- When is an epidural necessary for a pregnant woman?
- What factors contribute to the increased risk of newborn death?
- Pregnant women should avoid the following unhealthy habits.
- How can pregnant women’s blood glucose levels be stabilized?
- Is aromatherapy beneficial to a woman in labour?
- Is elective induction of labour a safe procedure?
Research Topics in Nursing Education
Nursing as a career is entirely up to you. However, I am confident that a unique circumstance influenced this choice. Bear in mind that each topic should reflect your purpose and interest in pursuing a career in nursing, whether it’s from ICU nursing concepts or community-related topics. Only a small percentage of students bother to work on it. However, if you are, your efforts will undoubtedly be appreciated. What could be better than a relevant research paper topic for your career? This demonstrates to your supervisor your commitment to your career.
- Nurses’ ethics and standards of care for mentally ill patients.
- Is it possible for a nurse to prescribe medication in the absence of a physician?
- Legal ramifications for nurses in your country.
- How does a nurse cope with mental strain and anxiety?
- Improving the quality of nursing care is necessary.
- How critical is a nurse to the medical center’s progress?
- The reason for the night shift nurse shortage.
- Mental therapies to aid in the recovery of mental stress.
- Why is cultural sensitivity among nursing staff increasing?
- Is a nurse liable for a doctor’s incorrect prescription of medication?
- Workplace issues that a nurse may encounter.
Evidence-Based Practice Nursing Research Topics
Interested in conducting research that stands out from the crowd? Then these evidence-based themes will undoubtedly assist you in accomplishing that goal. However, bear in mind that evidence-based work is time-consuming. Therefore, before settling on an idea, resolve to collect evidence with zeal.
- Acupuncture is more effective than pharmacological intervention in treating headaches.
- Does exercise aid in the reduction of muscle pain associated with statin therapy?
- The most effective treatment option for diabetic patients with hypertension.
- Mortality and morbidity rates in heart patients who exercise vs those who do not.
- Aromatherapy for labouring women’s anxiety and pain.
- Intramuscular injection of Botulinum Toxin for the relief of restless legs syndrome.
- What is the effect of the healthcare department’s manpower shortage?
- Nursing care in the home.
Qualitative Nursing Research Topics
- Techniques used to treat physical traumas.
- Typical adult bipolar disorder symptoms.
- Is e-health an effective method of patient treatment?
- Managing children who have eating disorders.
- What are the benefits of increasing the number of BSN nurses in healthcare?
- The most concerning factors affecting patient safety.
- What characteristics are necessary for treating prisoners?
- Mental health problems among detainees.
Quantitative Nursing Research Topics
- Decrease the death ratio by increasing the number of BSN nursing staff.
- Are there statistics to demonstrate the efficacy of behaviour modification therapies?
- Which home remedy is the most effective for high blood pressure?
- The average age of patients who are suicidal or self-harming.
- Government budget versus healthcare department expenses.
- The number of children in your country who were not vaccinated.
- Patients who attend free healthcare camps versus those who attend paid camps.
- Age group with the most acne complaints and the most frequently reported cause.
- Stroke rate associated with drug and alcohol abuse.